Early Music Summer Course at Itä-Hämeen opisto, Hartola, Finland
Welcome the world of early music! The Helsinki Early Music Society organizes an annual early music summer course. Early music enthusiasts from Finland and other countries gather together to have fun with early music.
Next year's course will be organized at Itä-Hämeen opisto, Hartola, Finland approximately 180 km North of Helsinki and 45 km North of Heinola. The course will begin on Saturday 24th July and end on Firday 30th July.
Registration for the 2021 course will start on the 1th of May and end on the 31st of May .
Due to coronavirus there can be changes in the course arrangements. We follow the situation and keep you informed. Let's hope for the best!
The fastest communication channel is our event page for the summer course in Facebook. All important information will be updated on these pages, as well, but there may be a slight delay. (You do not need to join FB to see the page. And while most of the discussion is in Finnish, you may ask any questions in English.)
New arrangement: members of CMAH are prioritized when choosing participants to the course
We have changed the choosing process to the course. The members of Helsinki Early Music Society (CMAH) have a priority in participating the summer course if there are more registrations for any instrument class than we can take. The other criterion for choosing participants is the order of registration (first-in-first-served). The membership is checked after the registration period and persons whose membership fee for 2021 has been received by the society.
How to join CMAH?
If you are not yet a member but would like to join, please follow these instructions
- send e-mail to the secretary of CMAH to the address miina.ojaniemi (at) gmail.com
- Include your name and your telephone number as well as your wish to join CMAH in your e-mail. You can also describe shortly your interest in early music.
- In return mail you will receive instructions for the payment of the membership fee (25 EUR in 2021)
- After we receive your payment, we will add you to our list of members.
- After that you both qualify as a priority participant of the course and receive other material from us. Please also see our website www.cmah.org and consider joining the Facebook group CMAH – Helsingin Vanhan musiikin seura, which keeps you updated of interesting events in the field.
These web pages will give you more information on the course. See you at Hartola!
The course is organized in cooperation with the Itä-Hämeen opisto.
Should you have questions which are not answered by these pages, you may e-mail us or call +358 50 598 7661 (Armi Temmes).
If you want to help us advertise the course, print posters and put them to suitable places or share the Facebook announcements.
Helsinki Early Music Society, Itä-Hämeen opisto